This is a pretty amazing homemade granola recipe adapted by a friend of The Epicentre. Thanks to Patricia! The Epicentre’s Chai baking spice and coconut oil make an irresistible flavor combination!
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 to 1 and 1/2 cups Pecans
1/2 to 3/4 cup sweetener (maple syrup, agave or honey)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Coconut oil
1 tsp kosher salt or 3/4 tsp regular
1 to 2 cups Pumpkin/sunflower Seed
1 cup dried coconut
1 cup dried fruit (add after baking) Dates, dried cranberries, dried apple
2 tsp the Epicentre’s Chai baking blend
1. Measure grain, nuts, seeds, salt, and spices into a large bowl.
2. Add sweeteners and oil
4. Spread out on a large baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes, giving it a stir after about 20 minutes.
6. Continue baking until granola is toasty brown and smells amazing
7. Let the granola cool completely in the pan, then store in an airtight container.
Optional: Add one egg white to make the granola crispy. Whisk in a small bowl until it’s foamy, then add to the granola mixture. Pat the granola into an even layer on a baking sheet.
Image by HomeMaker from Pixabay