Here’s a recipe for homemade hummus that includes unique ingredients for added flavour and nutrition:
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, water, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Add the roasted red peppers and pulse again until well incorporated.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, or fresh vegetables for dipping.
This unique hummus recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser with its smoky, spicy, and nutty flavours. The addition of roasted red peppers and toasted pumpkin seeds provides extra nutrition and texture to this classic dip. Enjoy!