A refreshing salad from Lebanon, tabbouleh is traditionally eaten by scooping it up with lettuce leaves.Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 oz (225 g) burghul (precooked cracked wheat)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp mint, fresh or dried, chopped
- 6 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) lemon juice
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- black olives to garnish
Soak burghul in plenty of warm water for 1/2 hour.
Drain and squeeze well with your hands and place in a mixing bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and garnish with black olives. Serve from a large salad bowl with lettuce leaves.