Serve these tasty kebabs piping hot with Naan, Rasita and Tomato Salad. Leftover kebabs can be coarsely chopped and packed into pita bread spread with Fresh Cilantro Relish.Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 5 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef or lamb
- 2 tbsp ginger pulp
- 2 tbsp garlic pulp
- 4 fresh green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cups fresh cilantro chopped
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves, chopped, or 1/2 tsp mint sauce
- 6 oz raw potato
- salt, to taste
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Place the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl. Grate the potato into the bowl, and season with salt. Knead together to blend well and form a soft dough.
Shape the mixture into portions the size of golf balls. Set aside on a plate and leave the koftas to rest for about 25 minutes.
In a karahi (or frying pan), heat the oil to medium-hot and fry the koftas in small batches until they are golden brown in colour. Drain well and serve hot.