This would be nice with any roasted meat.Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 8-ounce red onion, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 3/4 lbs eggplants, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/3″ slices
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/3″ slices
- 3/4 lb plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds; cook until seeds darken and begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Add onion, chili and ginger; stir 1 minute. Add eggplant and zucchini slices; stir 5 minutes. Cover; cook 5 minutes.
Mix in tomatoes and garlic. Reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.