Halibut with Curried Corn Sauce and Tomato ChutneyPrep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours 52 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 12 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon ground fenugreek seed
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom seed
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
Curried Corn Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 halibut fillets, 6 ounces each
- Olive oil
In a bowl combine all curry powder ingredients.
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and green apples and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add curry powder and cook for 5 minutes.
Add stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Strain stock into a clean medium saucepan. Add the corn to the stock and cook for 30 minutes, covered.
Place the cream in a small saucepan and cook until reduced by half. Add the reduced cream to the stock and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large saute pan or grill pan over high heat. Brush halibut with the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the halibut for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with corn sauce and tomato chutney.