Yes, eating too much of spice can be poisonous in some cases. While herbs and spices are generally considered safe to consume in culinary amounts, some spices can be toxic in larger doses.

For example, nutmeg contains a compound called myristicin, which can be toxic in high doses. Consuming too much nutmeg can cause symptoms like nausea, dizziness, and hallucinations.

Similarly, consuming large amounts of cinnamon can cause liver damage and negatively affect heart function.

In addition, some people may be allergic to certain spices, and consuming them can cause severe allergic reactions.

It’s also important to note that some spices can interact with certain medications and health conditions. For example, consuming large amounts of garlic can interact with blood-thinning medications and increase the risk of bleeding.

Overall, while herbs and spices can have many health benefits, it’s important to consume them in moderation and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.