Persian Fish StewPrep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 teaspoons each ground cumin, black pepper, cardomom and Aleppo pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole Black Limes, pierced ( or 1 1/2 ground loomi)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 large green chilli, chopped
- 1 bunch each dill and coriander, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2-3 cups water
- 4 white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
In a large pot, saute onions in 2 tablespoons oil.
Add 2 cups water, stir, cover and keep warm while preparing fish.
Sprinkle remaining spice mixture on both sides of fish and dust with flour.
Fry lightly on both sides.
Transfer fish from pan to stewing pot. Add more water if needed to cover fish.
Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until fish is done.
Serve with rice.